Goat Cheese Torta
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup prepared Basil Pesto
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (packed in olive oil)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- Fresh oregano or parsley sprig
- Stone-ground wheat cracker or thinly-sliced baguette bread
Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan, soufflé pan, decorative gelatin mold, or 9-inch springform pan with clear plastic wrap. In a food processor or a large bowl, combine cream cheese, goat cheese, garlic, oregano, and pepper; stir until well blended.
Spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture onto the bottom of prepared pan. Top with pesto, spreading evenly. Layer with another 1/3 of the cheese mixture. Drain sun-dried tomatoes and cut into small pieces; spread evenly over cheese mixture in pan. Top with remaining cheese mixture.
Cover with plastic wrap and press gently to pack cheese. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Uncover and invert onto a serving plate. Cut reserved sun-dried tomato into thin slices. Garnish torta with tomato, almonds, and oregano or parsley. Serve with crackers or baguette bread.