Broccoli Orange Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
- 2 cups 3/4-inch pieces broccoli florets (about 8 ounces)
- 3 large oranges
- 2 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
Steam broccoli until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Place broccoli in large bowl. Cut peel and white pith from oranges. Holding oranges over small bowl to catch juice, cut between membranes to release segments. Cut each orange segment crosswise into 3 pieces. Add orange pieces, tomatoes, onion, and fresh basil to bowl with broccoli.
Add oil, vinegar, and orange peel to bowl with collected orange juice; whisk to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour vinaigrette over broccoli mixture and toss to coat.
Bon Appétit | June 2002